- 24 November 2006 - First school turbine for Oxfordshire Berinsfield Community Primary School hopes to save £1,200 per year.
BBC News Oxfordshire
- 21 November 2006 - Merseyside wind farm approved The waterfront turbines will generate 10% of the power needed by the new Kings Dock Arena.
BBC News Mersey
- 18 November 2006 - Community scheme in Sth Lincolnshire The Fenland Green Power Co-operative will use 2 turbines to power 2,000 homes. For £250 shareholders will receive a share of profits plus a return of their investment in 24yrs. The project has been organised by not for profit company Energy4all.
BBC News Sth Lincs
- 13 October 2006 - Homeowner funds reallocated £20m of funding for schemes such as insulation and double glazing are now opened out to local authority wind power Partnership for Renewables schemes.
- 12 October 2006 - Olympic turbine An 120ft turbine will power the London Olympic Games and will continue to provide power for 20 years.
BBC News London
- 9 October 2006 - Work starts on largest onshore farm Eaglesham Moor, south of Glasgow, is the site for the Whitelee 140 turbine windfarm where construction has just started. Work will take 3 years and the turbines will provide 322 megawatts of electricity for 200,000 homes.
BBC News Scotland
- 3 October 2006 - Scottish Power / Co-op deal Scottish Power and the Co-op have teamed up with a three year contract worth£100m. Scottish Power will supply all the Co-op shops, funeral parlours and other outlets and offices with renewable energy.