What can you do?
- Think about car usage - is every journey really necessary? Reduce car usage as much as possible. Can you walk, cycle, take public transport? Think about a bike - not sure? - take a look at BikeForAll they have everything you would ever need to know about biking.
- It's just great to sail down the motorway on an open road but ... travel to your vehicle's best efficiency. If governments were to reduce the speed limit to 55 mph, 50 million barrels of gasoline could be saved a day.
- Better still, use a train where practicable. The stress reduction is palpable!
- Reduce air travel given recent terrorist alerts - it may relieve a lot of frustration to holiday where you can travel over land
- Find a fuel efficient car - hybrid - petrol/electric, natural gas or biodiesel
- Keep your car serviced to run at its best - and make sure the tyres are at the right pressure - this saves fuel
- Can you live near where you work or even work from home sometimes? If you live in London Walkit is an excellent site that can help you find the best routes.
- Shop locally and ...
- Buy locally produced goods